Thursday, 7 July 2011

Birthday cake - Golf

Second order of July 

70th Birthday cake with a golf theme

This was a bit of a challenge seeing as I usually focus all my attention on cupcakes, but I was asked to do this themed birthday cake by a lady who found me on yell.com
I just couldn't turn it down!


The sponge was a plain sandwich filled with butter icing and covered with marzipan.
After leaving the cake to settle over night I covered the cake with a light green butter icing and darker green for the grass. 
The pond was made using piping jelly with a touch of blue colouring.


The sand again was made out of butter icing, using colourings I tried to get a very light brown colour.


Now the golf buggy was the big challenge, made out of sugar paste and four lollipop sticks.
The number plate represents the special birthday!


I really hope Laura and her family like it, I was very happy with how it turned out. 

Enjoy xxx




1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great decorations! I especially love the grass effect.

    Are you the same Carrina that I went to Rastrick High with?

    ReplyDelete