Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Black Forest Gateau

This was my first ever attempt at a black forest gateau and to be honest it scared me a little, the recipe said caster sugar, eggs and cocoa powder. But what about the flour and margarine???? I was very confused!!

Anyway after mixing the egg yolks and sugar, I then folded in the cocoa powder. Then I whisked the egg whites and folded them in slowly too... then split the mixture into two separate tins and achieved this: 


After it had cooled I poured some of the juice from the morello cherries over the two layers then spread fresh cream over one layer then placed morello cherries all over the cream, I then covered the whole cake with the left over fresh cream and grated chocolate.


Possibly the lightest tastiest cake I've ever made! 

Enjoy xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment